Thursday, August 19, 2010

New Love Seat

A while back I saw an adorable zig zag sofa on I Suwannee, And when we decided to move to the beach I knew that I wanted something similar. So I searched Craigslist for a little love seat and I found this baby for only $10!!

Now I know what you thinking, its hideous at best! But with that little round back I saw some serious potential! So I ordered the fabric, and off the upholstery man it went!


I was not wrong! Look how cute it turned out!!!
In other news, were finally getting settled at the beach, been painting like mad!! Still lots to do but... I guess I cant complain too much this is the view from the front door!! 

Now run out and get something re upholstered! I gotta tell you its soo exciting to take an ugly piece of furniture and give it a face lift. Hey you gotta do your part to be green and recycle right ;-)

(if your in the San Diego area and need the name of the upholstery man let me know)

8 comments:

Fran said...

Gorgeous!! Seriously, it's perfection!

erica@ moth design+luxe life said...

Nice Job!!! xo e

La Petite Maison said...

What a fabulous transformation!

Kathysue said...

It looks darling great choice of fabric to update your little settee. No you can't complain with a view like that, Oh how I wish I had that view, Amazing!!! Kathysue

Suzie said...

It's adorable!

Bri @Meyouandawienerdog said...

I've reupholstered a lot of furniture I've found on Craigslist and I love the feeling after wards when you realize how something so ugly and unwanted can look so fabulous!

shelly @littlemrsdoitall said...

That sofa is too cute now! You just inspired me for our master bedroom. I've been saving the money for a settee or smallish sofa but this would be SO much cheaper!

Jill T said...

I love this fabric! Can you tell me what it is? I have seen all kinds of zig-zag recently but love this color combo.

Thanks!