Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mixing Patterns

Mixing Patters can be a little bit of a faux pas for some. I personally love it when its done right. Since I believe there are truly no rules in decorating I say If you love it go for it! If you are worried about the look appearing too busy it's always best to have lots of solid surfaces near.

The image below has tons of patterns going on but since it has the solid sofa, walls and chairs it doesn't feel too overwhelming.  Can you image wallpaper in this room? I would be WAY too much..





If you love mixing patterns but feel afraid or overwhelmed by it, I'll give you a tip for my general rule that has come out good so far: Floral, Stripe, and a Geometric!


2 comments:

Kathysue said...

Great advice and a nice simple formula. I just posted my summer re-do on my family room and I used the stripe and floral combination!! Love stripes with just about anything!! Kathysue

bazaarofserendipity said...

kathysue- I saw that, your living room looks great!!!